Informative essay topics
An informative essay is an essay which informs the reader about a subject, topic, issue, or event. The purpose of an informative essay is to provide knowledge to the reader, with the general assumption that the reader knows little about the topic in question. The scope of the essay needs to cater to the level of your peer group, and when a peer reads it they should be able to understand it without referring to any other material.
A good informative essay needs to be interesting, insightful, and give new information or provide new information within a well-established topic. It should not be overly complex, though at the same time should not be too basic. The things you inform also need to be backed up with evidence. Avoid informative essay topics which your teacher has already read before.
An informative essay puts importance on the information, and not the emotional or personal concerns of the reader. A bad informative essay is thus too personal, or is not based on real information (for example, religious belief). A good basis for an informative essay is to approach a common issue that many people question, a physical process which you can make clear, or a general problem in society that you can contribute towards solving. It doesn't always have to be serious however, and it could be linked with something you enjoy doing, your favorite film, pastime and so on.
The following informative essay topics are here to help you:
- The fight or flight mechanism in humans.
- The conversion of electrical energy to heat and light energy in a light bulb.
- How an engine works.
- Communications between two people of different languages.
- The Higgs boson and its implications for the standard model.
- Stereotyping and anxiety.
- The most successful ways to quit smoking.
- The process of hearing.
- How the eye allows us to see.
- The underlying cause of aging.
- Previous scientific theories that have been proved incorrect.
- Different physical scales, and what interactions and processes happen at each scale.
- How does Natural Selection dictate human height?
- The principles of Marxism.
- The principalia in modern terms.
- Why is yawning contagious?
- Matter, and the space between matter.
- The links between health and the amount of sleep you get.
- Dominant and recessive genetic characteristics.
- Are some people more prone to addiction than others?
- CSI and the increase of students taking forensics courses.
- How will developed countries deal with aging populations.
- What major effects does globalization cause?
- Is the perpetrator of a crime truly to blame?
- What is the winning mindset that leads young entrepreneurs to success?
- What new methods are helping to combat ADHD?
- The impact of films and other media on national culture.
vWhat are the implications of resolution limit in optics?
- Will religion always be around? If not, why not?
- What were the advantages of the 1980's German unification?